Away from scoring on the pitch, Hugo Duro is your average 22-year-old young adult. FIFA, food and fun – that’s all he needs. So who is Valencia’s on-loan striker and what does he get up to when he’s not playing football? Batzine finds out from the man himself.
- Growing up, who was your favourite footballer?
When I was a kid, I didn’t really have a footballing idol. I just liked football in general, so in that sense I’m a little different from others.
- Which team do you choose in FIFA?
I’ll choose PSG (Paris Saint-Germain) because they have great players in there like Messi, Neymar and some of the best in the world.
- Which stadium would you like to play in one day?
Old Trafford, Parc des Princes, Signal Iduna Park and Allianz Arena as they are the most impressive ones on TV.
- What is your favourite food and drink?
I’m currently eating a lot of paella and drinking Nestea. I don’t like fizzy drinks.
- Who is your favourite character in Money Heist?
Denver because he’s funny and I feel we have a similar sense of humour.
- Why are you studying mechanical engineering?
I love numbers and Formula 1, so I started studying mechanical engineering back in Madrid. I’m now trying to transfer to Valencia Polytechnic University.
- What are your hobbies?
I enjoy meeting my friends, playing the PlayStation, and watching TV series and football.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love travelling, so I have a few: Paris, Venice, South Africa and Mexico.